I have been a little bit.. MIA! I have been so busy the last few weeks with orders
from my Etsy shop and making May Fest costumes for 3 first grade classes!
So I finally finished all 68 costumes and didn't really want to do anything
but sit! But, yesterday, I got crafty! I made a few things, and improved a few
more! So I'm back!
This is a frame makeover!
I was looking for old mason jars at the Goodwill and found
myself in the frame section. I found this little frame and
of course I bought it for $0.99!
What you'll need:
* Nail file
* Strips of fabric
* Book page
First, take the glass and backing off of the frame.
Lay your frame face down on the back side of your
pattern paper. Trace your frame onto the paper.
Cut it out.
Spread a layer of Mod Podge onto the front of your frame.
Make sure you get the edges well. You don't want
the paper to lift once it's placed on.
Place your paper on and pres it down from one side to the other.
Avoid making ripples or bubbles in the paper. They are so hard to fix!
I like to keep applying pressure by swiping my hand over
it for about a minute to make sure it has a good bond.
Use your nail file to remove the excess paper that is hanging over
the edge of your frame.
Lay your file at a 45 degree angle against the corner
of your frame. Apply pressure and pull downward.
(If you file upward, you will most likely lift the paper from the frame.)
Your edges should be nice a flush with the frame.
After the Mod Podge has dried completely, add and layer of Mod
Podge over the top of your pattern paper to protect it. Let it dry.
Now that your frame is complete you can use your strips of fabric
twist them tight or loose for a look that you love!
Hot glue them in place.
I don't have a picture on hand that I want in this frame so here is what I did.
Cut a small square of white paper to fit your frame. Then cut a heart shape
from some pattern paper or a book page. Center it on the white square and
glue down. Put your glass, heart and backing back in your frame once
everything has had a chance to dry!
Total cost for this project: $0.99