Monday, June 27, 2011

{ fabric buttons }

I've been wanting to try these out for some time now! I finally went to the
store and bought them! These are buttons that you put together
yourself! You choose the fabric, you choose the size! I got a new
couch and the throw pillows that I made less than a year ago are WAY to
big for it! So I am making smaller ones... with big red buttons!

What you'll need:
  1. fabric of your choice scissors
  2. package of cover buttons and tool

First you cut your fabric to be twice the diameter of your button.
My buttons are an inch and a half so I cut my fabric into 3 inch
squares.

Your next step is to layer your stuff. Start by placing the
rubber white piece down.

Now center your fabric, face down, onto the rubber piece.

Next lay your button, face down, on top of the fabric.

Press the button into the center of the rubber mold.

Now fold all the extra fabric down behind the button.

Put the button back on top of the extra fabric

Use the blue piece to press the back into the button until
you hear it snap into place.

Now pop your button out of the rubber mold!

Now you can sew your button onto your project or snip off the loop and
add it to scrapbook pages, hair accessories, or even rings!

No comments: