Friday, June 29, 2012

{ no-sew homemade american flag tank }

With the 4th of July right around the corner, here is a homemade tank 
for you to try out! Perfect for all the festivities you may be attending this 
Independance Day! 

What you'll need:

* white t-shirt
* scissors
* acrylic paint
* foam brush
* card board

Start by cutting your t-shirt! Simply cut around the neck line as low as you
like. Then cut off the sleeves. You may want to try it on before hand 
to mark where you want your new sleeve holes and neck line before cutting.


Now fit your shirt with some cardboard. Slip it in through the shirt to prevent
the paint from bleeding through to the back of your tank.


 Now start painting! I used red and turquoise. 



I started by outlining some
star shapes with the tip of my sponge brush. They don't have to be perfect.
If you prefer a more precise star, try using a stencil or some vinyl that can be
removed after painting.



Now paint your stripes. I just eyed these up. You can use wide tape
(like packing tape) to stencil in your stripes if you wish.

I wanted my flag tank to look "rocker", so I didn't worry about
perfection!

Allow the paint to dry completely before wearing. Don't wash for 24 hours
to allow the paint to set in. First wash and dry should be separate from any
other garments. After first wash and dry, the paint will be set in and you can throw
it in with your other laundry without worrying about bleeding or color transfer! 


This shirt is even cute turned inside out! :) It muted the colors
to compliment the actual flag!



Yep, I have pretty fun friends! <3


I made this shirt about 15 minutes before doing these photos! And.... it was free!
Enjoy

No comments: