Tuesday, March 29, 2011

{ my kitchen }

My kitchen has always been so ordinary and boring! There really isn't a lot of wall space either, so my options for making it feel more put together have been limited. I'm not real sure what got into my husband last week but I liked it! He was off work early and suggested I go buy paint for the kitchen! So... I did! I only spent about hour looking at paint swatches! :)   At one point an Ace hardware employee actually came over to make sure I was OK and started suggesting colors to me! I eventually settled with grays! A nice charcoal gray for the wall and bright seal gray for the cabinetry! It took 3 days to paint everything! The cupboard doors took the longest! As you can see, there are a lot of them and each side got 2-3 coats! The problem was that I could only paint about 7-8 at a time and I had to wait a LONG time before I could turn them over to paint the other side because I didn't want to damage the new paint! Well... it's finally done and I am SO happy with it. My husband and I couldn't stop walking into the kitchen to just stand in it!

Here are some before pictures... ( my fridge wasn't normally in the middle of the floor though! lol )



And after!
 We used a bright white caulk line around all the counter tops and along the cabinets too. It created a beautiful definition between colors!

You might recognize this wreath from a previous blog! This was originally for the bathroom but it looked so nice here! So it's staying in the kitchen!
And one last photo because it's funny! I got stuck doing all painting above the cabinets. My husband was too tall to stand on the counter tops!  And of course I'm wearing one of my husbands work shirts so I don't have to ruin any of mine! :)
 And now my favorite part; creating wonderful things to decorate the space!

2 comments:

Meggan Hayes said...

Wow, I love it! When I read that you were doing gray I immediately pictured something drab but your kitchen looks awesome. Now if I only I was motivated. :)

Kandis said...

Thank you! I'm so happy with it! And when I do things like this it usually motivates me to keep it clean! 2 great things! You gotta get your husband and your kids in on it!