Wednesday, May 4, 2011

{ dry erase wall art }

I have a horrible memory! And I only go grocery shopping once a week! So I have to write down everything that I need to pick up from the store or I will forget we're out until I need it for dinner! Here is an easy way to keep track of what you need from the store, appointments or even nice notes!

What you'll need:
  • A picture frame
  • White paper
  • Pattern paper that coordinates with your decor
  • Ink pad (optional)
  • Glue
  • Paint and paint brush
  • Dry erase marker
Start by taking the back cardboard and glass out of your frame. First step is to paint your frame. I recommend a contrasting color to whatever wall you put it on!


While the frame dries, you can cover your cardboard with white paper. I inked the edges with grey because I like the look of it.


Next you need to cut down your patterned paper about an inch or two  smaller than your frame back. I inked the edges of this piece also so give more contrast with my white backing.


Your patterned paper should look like it is matted now!

Once your frame is completely dry you can put your frame back together and hang it in the kitchen or the office! Write with your dry erase marker directly on the glass and wipe of with a tissue when needed!


And when you have nothing to write.... It doubles as wall art! This could be an easy project for Mother's Day!

No comments: