Tuesday, November 22, 2011

{ noel blocks } Christmas

I spent my weekend crafting and cleaning! Since I'm a little
too late on thanksgiving decor, I started in on 
Christmas! This project really got me in the 
spirit! I can hardly wait to get the tree out and start
setting it up! 

What you'll need:

- Wooden blocks made from a 2X4
- Paint and paint brush
- Sandpaper or course nail file
- Coordinating paper
- Mod Podge
- Lace, ribbon, and/or jute 

I went to Home Depot a while ago and was searching through
their scrap wood pile ( because I do that in my spare time).
I notice, next to the big saw they have, some small pieces of 
2x4. These are just the ends cut off! But they were perfect
for this project! I didn't have to cut the pieces and 
I didn't have to pay for them either! They just gave them to me!
Score!
I only sanded them down a bit.

Paint your blocks.

Once they've dried, use some sand paper or a course 
nail file and rough up the edges.

I just ripped out my pieces of paper to fit each
of my blocks. You can use any type of paper! I used a
piece of newspaper, a page from a book, lace, 
paper bag, and scrapbook paper!

Now paint a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the back
of your paper.

Center it onto your wood block and press it down. Make
sure you get all the 'bubbles' out. 

Repeat with your other blocks. Feel free to add layers
like I did with the lace.

I used vinyl for my letters. I just cut them out with
my Cricut. You can use paper and just glue
them on if you don't have vinyl or even stamp
or write your letters.

Stick your letters to your blocks.

Now you can embellish any way you like! I added a
bow of lace and jute to my smallest block.

That's it! 



No comments: