Saturday, November 26, 2011

{ easy lace garland } Christmas

I just put up my Christmas tree!
My little nephew
was over playing with my daughter today. He 
stopped what he was doing all of a sudden
and turned to me with wide eyes and said, 
"Auntie, there's no Christmas here!" So
I sent him and baby girl to pull the tree
out from under the bed! And boy was he right! 
Now that it's up, it just feels like Christmas! 
I am actually going to go wrap a few gifts
to throw under there when I'm done 
posting today! :)

After I got all my ornaments on, I felt like
I wanted a little more this year! I want some
more white/cream in my decorating this year. So 
I made a super easy garland to wrap around it to 
start. I plan on spending the week making 
some cute ornaments, both for my tree and
for my Etsy shop! I want to bring
more of that vintage/shabby chic feel to my
tree! 

What you'll need:

* Lace cut into 1/2 to 3/4 in strips

OK... so you can buy lace ribbon and it would
save you some cutting. I had a bunch of lace
fabric from some other projects I've done 
this year. I just cut about 8 or 9 strips. Each strip
is about 4-5 feet long.

Next, I just tied them together, end to end, until
I had one long strip. Make sure you use a square knot
so it doesn't come untied and also because the small
ends of the knots sit nicer that way (in my opinion)!
Tie it right over left and left over right!

That's it! Just wrap it around your tree! I'm
excited to add layers of muslin and burlap! 

 Our first year here in Hawaii, my sister-in-law
sent "snow". We hang the snowflakes on our
tree every year! :)

 My next project is a tree skirt! I've never had
one because I've never seen one I actually like!
But this year I found one! And I'm going to
recreate it!

No comments: