Thursday, December 1, 2011

{ frame wreath } Christmas

Can you believe it's already December? 
This is such a busy month for my family! We will
be celebrating my son's 2nd birthday, my
husbands birthday, our anniversary
 and obviously Christmas! 
And don't forget all the shopping that has
to be done for all of these occasions!

(So don't be surprised when I am posting 
birthday stuff instead of Christmas stuff! :)

Hopefully I find time to post all that I want to this
month in between all the chaos!

I made a "wreath" over the weekend and I
am so happy about how it turned out! 
Best part is that it was easy! :)

Enjoy!

What you'll need:
- Thrift store frame and paint
-Burlap
-Assorted ornaments
-ribbon, tulle, and jute twine

Start by removing the glass and backing board
from your frame. It doesn't matter what size
frame you have! 


Spray paint your frame whatever color you choose.
I chose red. 

While your frame dries, cut out a piece of 
burlap to fit inside your frame. I used the 
backer board like a pattern. I just 
laid it down on the burlap and cut around it.
Set this aside.


Now take your assorted ornaments and
tie ribbon, jute, or tulle through the
loops. I used one red ornament, one ornament 
that I paper machetted book pages to, a 
twig ball, and a star ornament. 


Make sure you leave the ends long so you can
arrange the ornaments how you like.
Once you've arranged them, tie the end of the 
ribbon, etc. in a knot so that they stay
staggered. 

Now, to put everything together, you start by
threading the knot through the frame before putting
everything else in their obvious order; Glass, 
burlap, then backer board.  So.... your ornaments should
be in front of your glass and the knot should be 
on the back.

Pull the knot through until your arrangement is 
centered, then tape it down to the backer board.

I made a bow for the top using all of my materials; 
burlap, ribbon, tulle, and jute. 

I also used a dry erase board marker to write
"Believe" on the glass. The dry erase marker
wipes easily off of the glass. 

Now hang it up!




No comments: