Saturday, December 31, 2011

{ pattern paper vase }

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone! I can't believe
2011 is already at it's end! What a wonderful year full of 
blessings and fun! 
I haven't come up with a resolution this year, but I have
come up with a few goals. I plan on finishing my bedroom and 
my children's bedroom! I know... 3 years in a place
you'd think they would be done by now. I 
started pulling things out of my room that have
gathered in there over the past year. I had an idea of how
I wanted my room and then changed my mind! So I 
have some things that need refinishing to bring them
up to speed with my ideas. I wanted to finish
the year with one last post. 


Believe it or not, this vase was, only a few hours ago, red and gold! 
I've seen a lot of people using old sewing patterns in their 
crafts lately. And since I'm in love with all things
vintage and "make do" I really wanted to bring this element
into my decorating as well. 
So here you go! A refinished vase!

What you'll need:
* Vase
* Elmer's school glue and water
*Sponge paint brush
* Old sewing pattern ( I picked mine up at Goodwill
for $.50)

OK... Here's the vase. 

Put about 2 quarter size amounts of Elmer's glue
in a bowl. Add a little water to thin it out. I didn't
measure how much water I used but it was close to the
same amount of glue I used. Mix it up well.

Now just spread your glue mixture onto the vase. 

Start putting pieces of your pattern onto the glued areas.

Cover completely. This is one layer of  paper.
You can see that is is transparent (pattern paper is very thin).

Go ahead and add as many layers as it takes to cover
your vase. I used about 3 or 4. 

Allow it to dry completely.
Once the paper has had plenty of time to dry, you'll see
that the coverage is better, too.
That's it! You can use this method on just about
anything! Frames, jars, bowls, etc. And you 
can also use other types of paper; book pages, pattern
paper, or sheet music.



Thank you all for visiting my blog this year! It's been fun
to share all of my crafting adventures with
you! I'm hoping the new year with bring 
giveaways and contest (with prizes)! So keep 
checking it out and don't forget to follow A Lott Of Ideas!

No comments: