Sunday, January 22, 2012

{ party favor pouches }

I must admit that I'm a " don't eat to much candy" kind of mom. 
I don't let my kids eat it hardly ever. My husband, on the other
hand, comes home with a bag of candy every day
after work! 
I usually just fill cellophane bags with candy for party
favors because it's easy and cheap and I know
most kids love candy. For baby girls birthday, I decided
to mix it up a little. 


I've just made a pouch that slips over a bottle of water
that holds just the right amount of sweets and an individual drink
mix packet to add to your water! 
With all the Valentine candy out in stores now, it's so
easy to find candy for a girl party! Everything 
has hearts or pink on it!

What you'll need:

* 12x12 sheet of pattern paper
* Paper cutter (or scissors)
* Glue
* Bottled water
* Treats
* Drink mix
* Ribbon, stamps, and embellishments (optional)

Get your 12x12 paper

 Cut it down into 3 pieces. 4 inches wide each. If your treats
are all narrow, like suckers for example, you could cut these down
even more narrow and get 4 pieces, 3 inches wide each.
It just depends on what you're stuffing your pouch with!

Now you will mark the paper at 3 measurements. Starting at the bottom
edge, mark your paper at 3 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches. These will
represent where to fold your paper.


Fold the 3 inch line forward ( pattern touching).
Glue, starting 1/8 in from the very edges up to the fold on
each side.


Now fold down the very edge

Next, move up to the top and fold it at the  10" mark.

Now trace a circle on the center of this flap. I used the lid
of a bottle of water since that is what this hole will
be slid over

Cut out the hole through both layers of paper


Now fold your paper at the 8 inch mark.

Round the corners

I used a simple stamp to brighten up the front! There are really
endless possibilities on how cute you can make  these!


Now stuff your pouches

Slip them over the top of your bottle and add some ribbon!

Done!



total cost for 16 favors: $8 

No comments: