Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{ heart cupcake toppers }

Cupcakes always taste better with toppers. At least I think so! 
I'm just preparing for baby girl's birthday party and needed mini cupcakes
for the tea party. I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese 
frosting and pearl sprinkles. I cut my hearts out of the same
paper I used on her bunting inspired invitations, here.


These are super easy. So easy in fact, that you probably don't need me
to explain how to make them! But just in case, here you go!


What you'll need:
* Paper cut outs of hearts ( two per topper)
* Toothpicks
* Glue


Cut out your shapes. Two for each topper. I used the Cricut. 

Glue the backside of your first shape.

Lay your tooth pick center on the heart

Add another heart on top. Let it dry completely.


Now add to your cupcakes! They are so cute on these mini
cupcakes! And I know the girls will love them at the 
tea party today! These would be so cute for Valentine treats
as well! 

These cupcakes were good practice for the cake! I'm
doing the frosting rosettes and I had never done them before! 



Total cost:     Free!!!

No comments: