Thursday, January 26, 2012

{ rosette cake }

I made Kaj's birthday cake yesterday morning in
a little bit of a rush. We made her party a few hours earlier
than we normally do them and I didn't do well adjusting! 
But I did get everything done, it was just close. :)


These rosettes are super easy! I went on YouTube and found a video
that shows the basic technique used to make them.
Here is a link to the video I learned from.

The rosette really uses a lot of frosting! This is a two layer strawberry
cake. I put a thin layer of frosting between the two cakes and
covered the whole cake with a thin layer of frosting. This used up one and
a half tubs of frosting. Then the rosettes I have here used up another full
tub! I had planned on covering the whole cake but didn't have enough
frosting!  I sprinkled it with pearl sprinkles.

Kaj was so excited that she started singing Happy Birthday first!


Look for my post on these cute party hats!

Happy 4th birthday Peach! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously?! You are Martha Stewart! Love your talent!!!