Saturday, January 28, 2012

{ princess party hats }

I couldn't find party hats that I liked for Kaj's birthday. 
So, I improvised! 

I wanted to have an activity for the girls to do  that
wasn't just a game. So we made party hats for them to 
wear during the tea party! 

What you'll need:
* Party hat
* White paper
* Pencil & scissors
* Crayons & glitter glue
* Tape
* Strips of tulle

I bought the cheapest hats I could find. I paid less than
$2 for 8 hats (the pack came with matching bags and noise makers). 
It doesn't matter what they look like! 
You are just going to cover them up!
.

Start by opening up your party hat. Don't worry if you damage the
tab a little while opening them. You won't need the tab to put
it back together


Trace your hat onto white paper.
( you really can use what ever color you want! Pattern
paper would be so cute!)

Cut it out

Put some glue around the edge of your party hat and put
your traced piece on top.


I prepared these the night before the party. When the girls got
to the house for the party, I gave them crayons and glitter 
glue and let them decorate any way they like.


You may want to help the little ones with the glitter glue! 
It takes quite a while to dry when there are huge globs of it! :)




Once the glue is dried, add strips of tulle to the point of the hat.
Tape it onto the inside. These are just extra pieces from
a tutu I made a while ago! 

Now just roll it back up and tape it together again! 

They loved these hats! Some girls showed up a little late and
saw these hats on the other girls and couldn't wait to make their own! 




Enjoy!

No comments: