Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{ valentine cootie catcher }

I've procrastinated once again!
Yesterday, I decided to add a little extra to the Valentine goody
bags that Ryker is taking to school. It was a last minute idea and I
just couldn't shake it off! I made one for Ryker and he was so pleased with it
that I went ahead and made more in a very tight time schedule! 

Remember these from grade school? 
Cootie catchers, right? I made a bunch of them
that were Valentine themed. Ryker loved them. He is 
really excited to show his friends how to use them!


What you'll need:
 
* Paper
* Pen
* Printer
* Scissors or paper cutter
* Origami skills (lol)

I started out by folding up one of these cootie catchers on a white
piece of paper. I used 12x12 pattern paper for the finished
product so I cut my white paper to a 6x6 inch size so 4 will fit nicely
on each piece of pattern paper.

I thought everyone knew how to fold these. But my brother says he never
made one! Maybe it was a girl thing? I don't remember.... so here are instructions
on folding up your cootie catcher!

6x6 inch paper

Fold in half diagonally
Open; fold diagonally the opposite direction

open

Fold corner in until point touches the center.

Repeat on all four corners.

Turn over

Fold corner into the center

Repeat on all four corners.


Fold in half 

Put your finger between these flaps

pull out on all four flaps.


That's it!

 Now you're ready to write on it! 


I scanned this onto the computer and opened it into 
a photo editing program. I added a transparent layer and then
 simply typed all of these words in
different fonts and then set them directly over the area I
wrote it. When I was done, I just removed this image. 

This is the finished image.

Now cut your 12 x 12's down to (4) 6 x 6's.


I opened my image in Microsoft Word and set my paper size to
6 x 6 inches. Now print!

And fold! 




{ Happy Valentine's Day! }

No comments: