Friday, May 25, 2012

{ my heart in a jar }

My cousin pinned the cutest wedding decor idea on Pinterest the other day! 
Cute enough that I made a very similar version of it for my home decor! 
Thanks again Pinterest!

What you'll need:
* Canning jar
* 2 Book pages (or pattern paper)
* Strip of fabric
* Scissors

This is a very simple project!

Start by measuring both pieces of paper to your jar. I just set my
book pages inside and mark with a pencil about 1/8 of an inch lower than 
the top of the jar.

Cut off the excess

Sketch a heart in the center of your paper.

Cut out the heart and erase any pencil marks.

You need two pieces of paper so I just cut mine at the same time to make
sure they were the same.
Put your papers back into the jar; one in front, one in back. You 
should be able to see through both hearts.

Put the lid on and tie a strip of fabric around the top into a bow.
I like to rip my fabric instead of cutting it for that worn look.


That's it! Enjoy!




The version I saw on Pinterest had a candle in it. I do not recommend using a 
candle in my version. The paper could cause a fire hazard. 

No comments: