Friday, May 25, 2012

{ pencil nameplate } teacher

The school year is over here in Hawaii! At the last minute my husband and I 
put together this nameplate for Ryker's teacher. Ms Arakaki was so wonderful!
She really dedicated herself to teaching her class and making sure that
everyone felt included and loved! What a wonderful woman!


What you'll need:

* 12" long 2x4
* Saw and sander
* Paint
* Vinyl lettering
* Jute and/ or yarn


My husband was wonderful and cut out and sanded the piece of wood for 
me! You need to cut the tip of the pencil  this shape >. Then, using a
sander ( belt sander is best) run the edge around the other end to define the eraser.





Go ahead and paint your pencil. Allow it to dry completely.

 I cut my vinyl lettering out on the Cricut. I used " Making
the Grade" Cartridge. I cut Ms. Arakaki at 1 1/2 inches. Ryker at 1 inch.

Center on your pencil and press it on.

Peel off the masking...

I put Ryker's name and the year on the bottom.

I finished off by tying some jute and textured yarn around the groove
that separates the eraser from the body of the pencil.


I wrapped a little bit of tissue paper around it.

This would be great  for a first day of school, teacher appreciation week,
or just because your child has a wonderful teacher! 


2 comments:

malia said...

This is so cute!!! I have an idea that I want to run by you :)

Kandis said...

Thank you! Can't wait to hear it! :)