Friday, September 28, 2012

{ almost sandals } bare foot wear

My sister just got married! I'm so happy for her and
her new husband! They are wonderful together!
Being the oldest sister and all, I was asked to make
some things for the wedding. One thing was to make
some "almost sandals". My sister wanted
the simplicity of bare feet but she wanted it to look put
together at the same time. So, this is what I came
up with!
 
 
My mother went to the store to get yarn and came back
with this stuff. It turned out to work better than I
could have hoped!
 
What you'll need:
* mesh yarn/ netted yarn
* scissors
*string
*pearl bead
 
I started by generally measuring the foot from the
toe webbing to the ankle and then adding another inch.
Double this length. Cut two pieces (one for each foot).



Tie the two ends together in a knot.
 
Cut a length of netted yarn that will wrap
and tie around your ankle.
 ( you will need two of these as well)
Thread it through the loop created in the
original strip.
 
Now you can spread the netting out to create
a triangle.
 
Next to your knot, spread the netting out so
you have a hole.
 
Slip your second toe through this hole. The knot
should comfortably sit in the crevice where
your toes meet the ball of your foot.
 
Spread the netting out
 
 Tie the ankle strap in a bow on the side.
 
Thread a short piece of string through a pearl bead.
 
Tie the string in around the thinnest area
of netting, near the toe.
 
Slide it down. Cut off excess string.


That's it! So simple!
 
 
 
 


 
 


No comments: