Thursday, October 4, 2012

{ love is sweet } table sign

Candy buffets are fun. To go along with my sisters
candy buffet, I made this sweet sign to sit along
side her jars of sweets.

 What you'll need:
* wood face (1x6x12)
* wood stand ( 1x4x16)
* paint
* sand paper
* 2 screws and screw gun or screw driver
* drill
*  printed/painted burlap
* spray glue
* ribbon (optional)

I sent my burlap off to the T-shirt print shop
to get these letter pressed on. It was a huge time saver
and looks great!
Paint your wood pieces. I used an
antique white.

 Sand edges with sand paper.

Drill holes in the wood face and wood stand.
(stand)

 (face)
Make sure they line up.
Use spray glue on the back side of
your burlap piece.

 adhere it to the front of the wood face.
Make sure your drilled holes are at the bottom before
you stick your burlap on! It's almost impossible
to reposition!
Attach face to stand with screws.

 Tie ribbon around the bottom of the face or
leave it regular! 
Enjoy




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute sign. And it seems easy enough to make that even I could do it! :)
-Krystle

Kandis said...

Thank you! :)