Wednesday, October 10, 2012

{ halloween burlap banner }

I pulled out my Halloween decorations finally. But, I decided to donate some of my
stuff so I could make room for some new stuff! I wanted a Halloween banner of course!


What you'll need:
* burlap
* pattern paper
* jute 
*sewing machine and thread


Start by cutting out burlap flags. I already had a pattern I made from another
banner project. I cut 16 flags.

I made a smaller scale of the burlap pattern for my paper. 
I had 4 patterns, so I cut 4 flags of each pattern.

Next, center your paper flag on your burlap flag and sew around all
3 sides. 


(Organizing your flags into the order you want them sewn on in advance
will prevent you from sewing on the wrong flag)

Start 1-2 feet from the end of your jute ( you may need this length
for hanging). Start sewing the jute across the top of the flag with a zigzag stitch, 
 continuously adding a new flag once you reach the end of the flag you are sewing, until you
have  added all flags. Cut jute 1-2 feet from the last flag.


You can hang your flag with tape or pins.







No comments: