Monday, October 8, 2012

{ wall makeover } vinyl and frames

I just got home from a month long vacation to Utah. It was so nice
to see my family and enjoy their company! 
My mother had this big empty wall in her living room that was 
crying for something! I threw out an idea to her and she agreed without 
hesitation! She wanted the wall filled! 

I went through her stash of empty frames and found 8 matching frames and spray painted them.
Then I went through "the drawer". My mom has this huge drawer stuffed full of  pictures
from our childhood and ever hers. It's always a favorite past time when the family gets together to
pull out "the drawer" and go through old photos and reminisce! 
I found similar candid baby pictures of each of my mother's children and put them
in the frames. I then put them on the wall in a fun diagonal pattern.

So I went to the vinyl store and had this piece made. It is huge and 
we cut it apart so it would line up and fit how Mom wanted it. 

It turned out pretty cute! Now we can do a little reminiscing even
if we don't have time to pull out "the drawer"! 
Enjoy!

No comments: