Wednesday, October 19, 2011

{ tulle and lace wreath } Halloween

( Just in case I haven't mentioned)
I love Halloween!
I finally made my wreath today!


It took a little time but i finished!

what you'll need:
  1. A variety of black and white tulle and lace

So the first thing you'll want to do is cover your form.
I used a fine black tulle with sparkles! I just wrapped
long strips around and tied them to each other.
I really wanted to spray paint it with black
sparkly spray but I couldn't find it ANYWHERE
on this island! So this will do!

Wondering where to get a wreath form? You can
click here to see an easy way to make your own! And
it costs less than $2!

Cut all of your tulle and lace into strips. Mine are
anywhere from 1 inch to 3 inches wide. The length
will depend on how thick your form is. I think mine
 were anywhere from 10'' to 14'' long.
(I cut a lot more than this picture shows!)

I started with the tulle that looks more like chicken wire!
Tie each piece around the form and make a double knot.
You can actually tie them 2 or 3 at a time to save time.


Next, I added strips of the soft sparkly tulle.
I used almost twice as much of this tulle than
the bigger tulle. Make it nice and full.
 I added white lace next. I didn't use very
much because I didn't want it to over power
the black.

And finally I added thin white tulle to the mix.

Now it's time to add your stripes.
I cut shorter strips of white lace and tied them into
place, securing them on the backside
of the wreath.


And your done! I hung mine with a long strip of
lace and sparkly tulle.

Then I added a pumpkin :) 
I just tied a long piece of lace around it and 
tied it to the nail so it is suspended in
the center of the wreath.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: